Help Preserve a Tradition
The world’s oldest active harness racing track looks back while looking ahead!
The older we get,
the more we change!
The lush oak tree that stands behind the Winner’s Circle at Goshen Historic Track may be a smaller version of its former self after being struck by lightning in 1987, but it is a fitting symbol of the Track itself which has had its share of setbacks in recent years. Despite our devastating fire in 2017 and the cessation of revenue-generating activities due to the COVID pandemic, we have managed to remain a vital part of the American Harness Racing Tradition that began in 1838 and have celebrated 112 years of Grand Circuit racing. For more than 185 years, day after day, season after season, the Track has been an active training center for the world’s finest Standardbreds.
2023 promises to be another challenging year. That is why now, more than ever, we are asking for your generous support in helping us keep the tradition of harness racing alive. Goshen Historic Track is the oldest active and continuously operating harness racing track in the world. Here is where we stand to date, thanks to supporters like you.
Our recent accomplishments:
- We poured concrete in the paddock. This improves the experience for the horsemen during the races. It also enhances the facility, minimizing mud and dust.
- We finished the Arden Barn extension, adjacent to the historic Arden Barn and welcomed our first tenants in April 2021.
- We painted the outside fences around the property.
This year’s wish list:
- Rebuild and repair the tote board. Although it does not function as originally intended, it is a colorful, iconic reminder of our history that is clearly visible from the Grandstand. It also provides vital storage space and houses a number of the Track’s electrical and maintenance utilities.
- The paddock barn and race paddocks need to be repainted.
- Worn boards in the paddock need to be replaced.
• Bronze: $40.00
• Silver: $125.00
• Gold: $250.00
If you wish to make a donation above the membership fee, our anonymous benefactor will match the amount of your gift.
As you can see, Goshen Historic Track is much more than just a race track preserving Harness Racing for future generations, but also an institution intricately involved in the life of the community that surrounds it. Our activities, programs, events and improvements are all made possible by your continued membership. You can renew today through the link on our website.
Membership with Goshen Historic Track will benefit you and our community by celebrating the sport of harness racing here at the country’s oldest active horse racing track – 112 years and still going strong! We greatly value your past support and hope you will come out and join us for some of this year’s festivities.