The Goshen Holiday Experience
Join us for a fun-filled day of holiday activities for the entire family!
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Goshen Historic Track and Goshen Chamber of Commerce invite everyone to celebrate the Yuletide season at the “Cradle of the Trotter” on Saturday, December 7th. The historic landmark will be an exciting part of The Goshen Holiday Experience that will begin at Burke Catholic High School and conclude with the Village of Goshen’s Annual Tree lighting in the center of town at 4:30 pm.
At Goshen Historic Track, from 1 pm to 4pm on Saturday, you will be able to meet and treat horses in their stalls and have your child’s phototaken with Santa, courtesy of the Track. There will also be hay rides around the track, vendors, crafts for kids and a story time with Mrs. Claus and the Elves. The Boy Scouts will be selling wreaths and there will be plenty of hot cider and hot chocolate to keep you in good holiday spirits.
At 4:30PM, everyone will gather in the Village Square for the Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony courtesy of Illuminate Goshen.
The Day’s Schedule
- 10:30am Burke Catholic HS – 4th Annual Ugly Sweater Jingle Jog
- 1pm-4pm Burke Catholic HS – 4th Annual Christmas Boutique, Christmas Tree Sales & Food Trucks
- 12:00pm House Tour Registration at Harness Racing Museum. 240 Main St, Goshen, NY 10924
- 1pm-5pm Catholic Charities Goshen Christmas House Tour
- 1pm-4pm: Goshen Historic Track
• Mrs. Claus and Elves Story Time
• Carriage Rides around the Track
• Child Photo Shoot with Santa, courtesy of Goshen Historic Track
• Crafts for Kids
• Boy Scouts selling wreathes
- 1pm-4pm Goshen Art League Music Hall Toy Land Art Show; Artwork for sale
- 4:30 Illuminate Tree Lighting Village Square
- 4:30 Welcome everyone/ National Anthem by TBD
- 4:35-4:40 Santa/ Fire Trucks Santa comes up on stage
Girl Scouts Caroling (Frosty and Jungle Bells)
(Goshen Christian Praise and Worship team musical back up: Piano for Frosty and Chimes for Jingle Bells.)
Tree lighting with Santa’s help.
Cornerstone Theatre reading of ‘The Night Before Christmas’